1. Do you have a “comfort watch” or a “comfort read” – a book, movie or show you watch over and over when you’re craving something familiar?
2. What piece of advice has someone given you that’s really stuck?
3. Say something nice about someone who isn’t present.
4. What talent do you have that you’re really proud of?
5. Is there a kind stranger you met who you’ll never forget?
6. Describe something that makes you proud to be part of your family (of course, found family counts too).
7. Did you have any quirky childhood habits that you remember with fondness?
8. Describe a teacher or mentor who had a big impact on you.
9. What’s the most memorable thing someone’s ever cooked for you?
10. What’s something you have experienced that made you gasp in awe?
11. Describe a habit you’ve unexpectedly picked up from a loved one.
12. What is something you’re not very good at but enjoy doing anyway?
13. Describe a time when you trusted your instincts and were rewarded.
14. Do you have a favorite fun fact?
15. If you had to share one part of your culture with someone who was completely unfamiliar, what would it be?
16. Describe something you never thought you’d use, but now that you have it, you don’t want to be without it.
17. What’s one way you’ve grown for the better over the past few years?
18. What song has been stuck in your head a lot recently?
19. What is your favorite way to wind down when you’re really stressed?
20. If aliens visited and you had to give one example, how would you convince them that humans were kind?